Saturday, November 7, 2009

Growing with age does not always mean growing in maturity...




Dear loved ones...

It has been a while since I last shared my insights of the life I live here in Harry Potter land. I have 5 weeks left. Unbelieveable! Time flies when...well...you get the picture. :)
Before I indulge you in some extreme opinions about the working industry and the female persona, I am excited to say I visited some dear friends in London last week, and will be traveling to Oxford tomorrow and Liverpool on Wednesday! I think the travel bug has finally become my buzz despite the weariness of work. Tomorrow I will enjoy a beer with Mr. CS Lewis and JRR Tolkein at The Eagle & Child pub. This is the pub where the two authors used to meet weekly and discuss Theology and philosophy in a quaint back room of the pub called "The Rabbit Room". I cannot wait to sit in the very same room where such knowledge and insight was discussed years and years ago. Liverpool will also be such an adventure seeing as it is a 14 hour long trip, and I will have to up and ready for work the next morning. But to be in the presence of The Beatles upbringing is quite worth it. I will be walking along Strawberry fields, Abbey Road, and get to walk into the very pub where the band had their first show. Yes...this will be cool. :)

Seeing as it is 10:30 pm on a Saturday night, and I am very tired, I will make this short and sweet. The work force in the military is quite interesting. Even morso, the work force with women is crazy! I have never experienced such manipulativeness, negativity, gossip, and drama as I have in my present job. And I am 22! Still in college...still coming out of my teenage years...where most would assume I am immersed in drama and gossip. But noooo....the most immaturity I have ever experienced between staff member have been while I am overseas in a professional working field. Excuse me for the bluntness. This does not mean I hate my job. This does not mean I dislike my time and experience here. In fact, I can already admit, I have grown, been challenged in more ways than I could have ever dreamed, and I will miss this place. But I am also sad. I am sad as I see women treat women with such lies and negativity. I am sad that we cannot come to work with positive attitudes as seeing that we work with children everyday who feed off demeanors, auras, attitudes, ect. Children very easily detect negativity. It saddens that we cannot be a place of more love than dislike. I have never heard so much exasperated rumors, pitiful unnecessary drama, and complaining as I do with women. Now I am not taking myself out of the conform...I am just to blame in many ways. I simply am stating an observation and am making a point that I think we, as women, need to be wiser, more positive as we work, less gossipy about other people's lives, and focus on our own problems and issues.

Just a thought :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica-

    Just came across your blog today and was reading this excerpt. I know exactly how you feel. My last job, which I had for almost a year, was one of the most frustrating and trying times for me because of gossip. Its such a hard feeling to feel like there is no place to get away from it, and then to ALSO feel guilt because you feel like in a way, you've fed the fire. Whether that means talking, or just not doing something to stop it.
    Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that I know how you feel :(. I will be praying for you as you wrap up this trip and that the next few weeks God will really show you what it was you were meant to learn through these struggles!

    Nicole Bond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I found your blog when I was looking around on the internet for more information about Camp Adventure and what not. I was excited to see that you were in England because that is where I am going.

    I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about what it's like to do this program, if you have any tips or whatever?

    I pray that God guides you through these next few weeks. I know you will be blessed!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete