Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunsets.




I genuinely wish God granted me the gift of photographic memory for one reason and one reason only- so I could never forget the moments I witness such glorious sunsets as I witness here in England.
I have experienced nothing like it. And the best part is that every sunset is unique in its own glorious way! It's like every night we are up for a surprise. Once dusk arrives, what's it gonna be?! Are we gonna get cotton candy fluffy purples and indigos tonight? Or are we gonna get the bright neons? The hot pinks and florescent tangerines that itch their way up into the clouds as the sun sneaks down into the horizon? I mean...seriously...what magnificence. What beauty!
And half the time, us measly little humans with our tiny little brains don't even care or think to grasp this amaziness. We don't let our eyes soak in such gloriousness. Instead we would rather be watching the "tube" or some cute sweaty boys weight lifting in the gym as we robotically run on treadmills.
Many attempt the search for such beauty in man made accomplishments- in extravagant architecture, intricate detailed cathedrals, massive sky scrapers, or ancient paintings. Don't get me wrong, I happen to find Michaelanglo's Statue of David fascinating and encourage all the world to experience such a creation. But I find it ridiculous that we neglect such beauty that is flat in front of our faces daily! God's creation. God's masterpiece. His gift to us each night before we move on to the next day...and the next...and the next.
Two nights ago...I went running...and I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop because I was in awe. I was in awe of the painting splattered across the sky. The panoramic masterpiece that God placed before me...for my eyes to see...to soak in. It left me in tears and speechless. It left me humbled-that a God so mighty and so great as the sunset streaking across the sky could love me and care for me. That is so rad.
The least I could do was appreciate His masterpiece for me. His exemplification of a divine romance. His sunset for me. All for me. To experience alone as I run with Him alongside.
So I want to encourage you all...take time to sit and enjoy that sunset as you finish up dinner. Spend some time thanking our God for such beauty...for such greatness. It is the least He deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment